We’re hosting a free legal workshop with the Center for Urban Business Entrepreneurship (CUBE) Consultation Center.
Law students from Brooklyn Law School will provide a brief legal advice clinic in conjunction with pro bono attorneys from top NYC law firms.
FREE one-on-one sessions with founders/owners and teams of law students and attorneys.
* Contracts & Agreements: co-founder agreements, vesting, client/vendor contracts, etc.
* Intellectual Property: trademarks, patents, copyrights.
* Corporate Formation: Inc. vs LLC, Delaware corporations, etc.
* Employment & Labor: employment contracts, freelancer vs employee, etc.
* Immigration: founders on visas, expired visas, etc.
* Office/commercial leases (non-residential)
Apply here, http://bit.ly/bklegalclinic for a free legal clinic with teams of law students and pro bono attorneys.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, February 18th at 11pm.
DON’T WAIT TO APPLY. Sessions are filled on a rolling basis and space is limited.
ELIGIBILITY & RULES
1. Startup founders, solopreneurs, brick & mortar owners, non-profit and social entrepreneurs are eligible.
2. You do not need to have a formal business yet.
3. There is NO FEE to participate.
4. You MUST be a member of Brooklyn Startups Meetup to be eligible.
6. Decisions of the selection committee are final.
You MUST APPLY by Sunday, 2/18 at 11pm to get brief pro bono legal advice.
RSVPs here on Meetup will not get you in.
NOTE: Only the entrepreneurs accepted for the clinic will be allowed into the event. NO observers.